Spring Testing Machine
Special test machine designed and built for the testing of coil springs and rubber springs of large size employed specifically in the railway sector. With its robust structure and the type of configuration of the integrated control system, the machine can perform different types of tests, even on technical elastomeric springs.
The loading and unloading of the spring is performed manually, by means of a crane provided at the workshop equipped with a suitable sling or by means of a special pneumatic manipulator dedicated to the machine. The machine is delivered perfectly functioning, accessories included and can be installed on demand at your premises or at the final Customer premises.
The training to use the machine, the training for ordinary/extraordinary maintenance and the training to check the calibration of the measurement system on the machine can be offered on demand.
Spring Testing Machine is used for testing railway springs or rubber springs to determine:
- The free length
- The spring length under load
- The axial stiffness
- The lateral force (if option included)
- The lateral stiffness (if option included)
- The maximum values of deviation
- The angle of the direction of deviation
- The diagram force/displacement
The calibration is performed in respect with technical specifications of spring manufacturers and in compliance with EN13298 Standards. Once set and started by the operator, the machine automatically operates on the spring/spring assembly and issues the test report.
On demand, it is possible to provide the calibration kit consisting of a master template with a load cell on board certified according to SIT samples, complete with display to check and/or calibrate the machine in full autonomy.
The machine is equipped for operations with springs and groups of springs as standard in use on most railway truck. The press is considered as universal, and other fit kits for different springs or spring groups can be supplied on demand.
Description of the operating cycle
- Machine start, door opening and preparation for the type of spring to be calibrated; install the right interface to the top and the bottom plate of the machine.
- Position of the spring/spring assembly on the graduated platform equipped with the seat for centering.
- Close the door manually; the door is provided by an electro-mechanical locked system to keep close the door when system is in automatic cycle or in case of danger.
- Setting the cycle data on the PC; the operator selects the file with the standard details of the spring by a template list
stored on the PC memory and insert all the special data for the test regarding the spring serial number and protocol.
- Start the automatic cycle.
- During the cycle the PC screen shows all the data and the graphics of the test being carried out.
- At the end of the cycle the machine prepares the report of the calibration and shows alerts and messages on the display.
- The operator can open the door and mark the direction of the deviation (chasse) on the spring before removing it.
- The spring can be removed from the machine with attached the issued test report.
- The machine is ready for a new cycle.
For the control and management of the machine all commands are available on the touch screen, while the main functions are duplicated on the industrial panel and allow the operator to perform the test without touching the screen, in order to protect the screen and extend its life.
The software of the machine consists of an integrated PLC control system with a monitoring PC with data exchange on the Windows platform and specifically Office Excel. This enables customization of reports and models easily and quickly by exploiting all available data in the PLC (for printing graphics, for inpagination of data, for the overall view of the test figures etc.).
The activated technical supervisor can then customize your documents and share them with your management system without limitations. During the training on the use and management of the machine (if provided) an open discussion will be started on these topics.